Sunday, August 25, 2013

September 2013 Julep Maven Selection Time!!

It's time for Julep Mavens to choose their September boxes!!

This month's theme is Think Big: Inspired by Bright Lights and Bold Dreams, AKA The Cityscape Collection. I love the bright, bold pops of color this month, and I think they are perfect for fall.

Here are the box choices for September:


Modern Beauty Set

MODERN BEAUTY

Included:
-Blank Canvas Mattifying Face Primer
-Bare Face Cleansing Oil

These products look awesome - I am so excited to try out the Bare Face Cleansing Oil! They recommend using the Konjac Sponge in conjunction with the cleanser, so I selected it as an add-on. All of you out there with oily skin should check out this before-and-after picture of the face primer! 

It looks like it would be really effective!! I do not have oily skin, so I am okay not getting this product in my box. In order to get this product, you can get the Modern Beauty box, upgrade to the entire collection, or select it as an add-on.


Boho Glam Set

BOHO GLAM

Included:
-Tatiana (Golden Burnt Orange Microglitter)
tatiana 

-Kristy (Midnight Blue Creme)
kristy

-Bare Face Cleansing Oil

I love this orange, but unfortunately orange just doesn't work for me! I also love the blue, but my fingers look funky with super dark polish on, and I'm worried it might look black. So Boho Glam wasn't for me this month!





Included:
-Karmen (Golden crimson microglitter)
karmen

-Daria (Dark slate gray creme)
daria

-Bare Face Cleansing Oil

I love glittery polish, but Karmen is another one of those colors that just doesn't work for me! I love to look at it, but I don't think it would translate as well on my nails. I also have a lot of gray polish to go through, so I don't need to add anymore to my collection just now. These are a nice combo though - the gray is a great base, and the crimson would accent it well.

Classic Twist Set


Included:
-Padma (Royal plum creme)
padma   

-Florence (Classic camel creme)
florence 

-Bare Face Cleansing Oil

This is the set I ultimately chose, although it was a struggle for me! I love this purple, but I have doubts about such a dark polish on my fingers. I love Florence, and I will probably get a lot of use out of it. I'm also very excited to try this cleanser!!

It Girl Set 


Included:
-Catrina (Marigold yellow creme)
-Candace (Golden chocolate microglitter)
-Josephine (Deep teal gray creme)

Dollops  

This box is the reason I struggled to choose Classic with a Twist. I LOVE that yellow and that teal!!! I think they are beautiful, and I do not have anything like them right now. But...my interest in the face cleanser got me in the end. I did, however, like Catrina so much that I chose it as an add-on for my box! I LOVE that about Julep - you have so many options!


get the entire collection 

Of course, if you have a difficult time deciding which box to choose, just choose them all!! I upgraded in July, so I decided to hold off this time. It is $35 to upgrade (in addition to the normal $19.95 rate for the box), and you get over $180 worth of product! I'm so glad I did it for July's box ^_^

I did do a few add-ons this month as well (part of that "all those choices" thing I mentioned earlier!), including Reese, which is an amazing holographic purple microglitter polish that has a hint of green in it - it looks beautiful!

Add on feature
Add on Reese for $4.99


I also chose to add on the Konjac Sponge for the Bare Face Cleansing Oil because I love a good exfoliation, and this one is portrayed on Julep's website as being all-natural and gentle. It also comes with a hook and suction-cup set so it can hang in your shower!

Add on feature
Add on the Konjac Sponge for $7.99

What do you think of September's Julep Maven box? Will you order one?

The code for the free Julep intro box is still available: type FREEBOX in at checkout and pay only shipping for your first box! Then you can get in on the monthly selections like this one!


Until next time.... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment