Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hungry Globetrotter Heat Seekers Hot Sauce of the Month Review

Hungry Globetrotter has multiple monthly subscription options, including the Hot Sauce of the Month.

This service is just what it sounds like - every month, Hungry Globetrotter hand-picks a small batch hot sauce to send out for its members to try. The folks at Hungry Globetrotter were kind enough to send me a sample shipment to review.

This subscription is $14.95/month, and shipping is included. It is a month-to-month subscription, and can be cancelled at any time.

The box was pretty unassuming, and came surprisingly quickly!


I opened up the box, and this is what I saw:


It did also have some padding around it to protect it while being shipped.


This month, the sauce is Bandar Spicy Mango Chili Sauce - Value $3.99



There is a card inside the box that tells you about the hot sauce and why it was chosen. The Bandar company (pronounced bun-dar, it means "monkey" in Hindi) started from a Kickstart campaign in 2012, and in addition to their Mango flavor, they also make a Mint Cilantro chili sauce.

I personally don't like spicy food, but my husband LOVES it, and gladly tried out this hot sauce for me : ) He took one taste, and has been putting it on everything he can since then. He likes that it really has a good kick to it, but still has a good flavor. I did try a tiny bit, and it does have quite a bite to it, but at the same time it is a little bit sweet while not being overpoweringly sugary.

I don't know that I would pay $14.95/month to keep getting this subscription just based on the value of the item versus the cost of the box, but I do like the idea of curated hot sauce (and so does my hubby!). It is cool to discover new brands, and to have them delivered to you. So it would be worth it in that sense!

What do you think of the Heat Seeker's club? Would you try it out?


Until next time.... <3


1 comment:

  1. I am not a fan of spicy, so I'd never be able to use the products, but it would probably make a good gift.

    ReplyDelete